Re: [higgins-dev] IdASRegistry as Singleton?

This all sounds fine to me, I would just like to understand the pressing need to make this happen sooner than later especially in light of the refactoring we're currently engaged in.  Not that there isn't a pressing need nor that I have a problem with an incremental change, I'd just like to know what it is.

Tom

>>> "Jim Sermersheim" <jimse@xxxxxxxxxx> 02/22/07 11:01 PM >>>
ok, yeah -- I was going to ask if you thought it important to move on this with the current IdAS registry model or if we could wait for the refactoring that is taking place (which may take some time still).

It sounds like you have a pressing need to make this happen sooner than later, so barring any dissent, let's say this:

We plan to make the constructors of IdASRegistry non-public, and at the same time add a static getInstance() method which will be used to access the registry as a singleton.

I'll add the getInstance() method tomorrow (Feb 22).  I'll make the constructors non-public on Monday (Feb 25).

Note that this does not preclude us from implementing any of the other items below in the future, but for now we'd like to at least make this one incremental change.

Jim

>>> Michael McIntosh <mikemci@xxxxxxxxxx> 2/22/07 6:59 PM >>>
Can we reach consensus on this quickly and start the clock on the
interface change notice period ASAP?

Thanks,
Mike