Re: [higgins-dev] IdAS Registry and XRI Ad hoc conf call #2

The state of discussion seemed to me to be here by the end of the call:

We want a cid (when represented as an XRI) to be resolvable to an SEP in an XRDS document which represents a specific Higgins context.
This context representation would contain context-specific metadata (such as the context's backing data store's endpoint, access configuration, etc.) as well as a way to discover the Higgins Context Provider's (CP) factoryClass[+factoryConfig] data.

We want to allow but not require a separation of a specific context's representation from the factoryClass[+factoryConfig] needed to instantiate the IContext for that context.  Allowing separation gives us the ability to configure a factory[+factoryConfig] once rather than at each context registration.  To do this, we'd like to have an element which could contain either the factoryClass[+factoryConfig], or an xri which points to another service element (which could possibly be held by another XRI authority), where this other service element contains the factoryClass[+factoryConfig].

I'm going to reply to this after lunch with some XRDS examples, and a (probably poor) attempt at an example cid.

Jim

>>> "Paul Trevithick" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 2/22/07 9:00 AM >>>
We're having a conf call focused on the IdAS registry on hour prior to our
regular Higgins (noon Eastern) call.

<snip>

Back to the top