[higgins-dev] IdAS Registry and XRI Ad hoc conf call #2

We’re having a conf call focused on the IdAS registry on hour prior to our
regular Higgins (noon Eastern) call.

Subject: IdAS Registry and XRI
Date:Thursday, February 22, 2007
Start Time: 11:00 AM Eastern Std Time
End Time: 11:55 AM Eastern Std Time
Dial-in Number: 1-641-696-6699 (Iowa)
Participant Access Code: 425999
Organizer Access Code: *449152 (you must include the leading star key)

Agenda

1) Discuss issues here
http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/higgins-dev/msg01630.html

2) Discuss with Andy, Steve and Drummond the best way to construct a
ContextId when one endpoint supports N Context instances.

We do understand that the ContextId resolves to an XRDS document. But we
don’t understand which of these two is right:

a) the <type> is extremely generic; indicating the "protocol and api"
   e.g. "http://openid.net/server/2.0";

b) the <type> encodes the above as well as indentifies a Context instance

For example using the ContextId "=paul.trevithick/vcard":

In the (a) case would the "=paul.trevithick" part resolve to
"http://example.com"; to which we append the rest ("/vcard") and thus GET the
XRDS document at "http://example.com/vcard";? If so then there would be one
XRDS document per Context.

What would we do in the (b) case?