[higgins-dev] Re: IdAS Registry conf call

Would these types be well-known and standardized across CP's, or would they only have meaning within a given CP?

Jim

>>> "paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 2/13/07 10:15 AM >>>
Jim,

I have corrected and added important detail to this section http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/IdAS_Registries_Proposal#IdASContextRegistry

The XRDS has a sub-element. It indicates the type of service at the endpoint. As an example, I have now included the OpenID value on the wiki page. This type notion is highly relevant to the discussion on this thread. It is a description at one level of abstraction higher than the ContextFactory class name (or Eclipse/OSGI extension id). I could envision that a ContextFactory could support a \'getServiceTypes\' method that would return to IdASRegistry the set of values that it can handle. Then, the IdASRegistry would be responsible for selecting a ContextFactory based on the value associated with the ContextId in question.

-Paul

PS: please cc to the higgins-dev list (I wasn\'t able to send to it)
. This email has been sent through http://www.deermail.com . Send emails with out an account.

Back to the top