[higgins-dev] RE: IdAS Registry conf call

ok, moving to higgins-dev.

I've added for reference one of our existing context config files to the wiki, so we can look at the types of information that we might need to exist in a SEP (assuming that term is analogous to what we're calling a context-config in Higgins).  That page is here http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Context_Config_Sample

Jim

>>> "Paul Trevithick" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 2/14/07 11:00 AM >>>

Minor point, see inline below.

BTW, it would be good to move this email thread to the higgins-dev list

Cheers,

-Paul

From: andy.dale@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:andy.dale@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2007 11:11 AM
To: Paul Trevithick
Cc: 'Jim Sermersheim'; steven.churchill@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: IdAS Registry conf call

<.>

When one performs XRI resolution one is generally looking for the service uri and access details (SEP - Service EndPoint) for a specific service type, like OpenID

Yes about OpenID

or idAS.registry,

Err. about this "IdAS.registry thing: IdAS itself has not yet been exposed as a web service so we aren't looking to register it as a service type at present. And as for the IdAS Context Providers, they generally don't define their own wire protocols, thus, the <type/> values in the XRDS <Service/> blocks are going to be defined by the wire protocols used to access the endpoint (e.g. "<Type>http://openid.net/server/2.0</Type>" or a string representing LDAP, or one for XDI or some other standard (non-Higgins) protocol).

<.>

Back to the top