RE: [higgins-dev] Re: IdAS questions

I agree with all of this.  It brings up a good point.  It maybe be likely that we end up with enough "features" in IdAS that very few context providers will support all of them.  We also should think of how we want to do "feature" advertisement/discovery.  It would be a shame to force people to call a method and get back a NotImplementedException, when in stead they should be able to ask whether or not the context supports a given feature.

Jim

>>> "Paul Trevithick" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 11/22/06 8:21 AM >>>
Jim wrote:

[...]
> >3. I propose to add some methods (like as begin(), commit() and
> rollback())
> >to IContext  for transaction support.
>
> We should continue this discussion -- it looks like some decisions were
> made at the F2F.

I just added some more conclusions here
(http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/11.16.2006_F2F_Outcomes#More_conclusions)