Re: [higgins-dev] Re: IdAS questions

For that particular bit of data, it seems most people expect there to be some policy on the context instance which could be quieried (post-create, pre-open state)

>>> Michael McIntosh <mikemci@xxxxxxxxxx> 11/22/06 6:54 AM >>>
<snip/>
> >4. IContextFactory interface extends IHasMetadata interface. What is a
> >purpose of this interface and how should we implement it?
>
> I really don't remember why we added metadata to the factory.  Maybe
> we should remove it and wait for a real use-case to arise.  What do
> others think?

Rather than removing it - then putting it back later - I'd prefer we leave
the interface and have it throw
org.eclipse.higgins.idas.NotImplementedException for now.

My understanding is that this would be a place to make information
accessible about what the Context Factory requires for all of its "owned"
Contexts. For example - a policy that states that each Context requires a
Username and Passowrd Credential to be passed to the open method.

Thanks,
Mike