Re: [higgins-dev] [IdAS] Context open/close semantics

Greg, I didn't read this before replying to your earlier message.

<snip>
>(3) The close operation returns the Context instance to an unopened
>state, as if the Context were newly-created.
>
>(4) Performing an open on an open Context results in a
>ContextOpenException.    (NOTE: This is true even if the Context is
>re-opened with the same identity.  There is no requirement to save the

>passed-in identity as is, so the Context may not be able to determine

>whether the new identity and the bound identity is equivalent.)

So to change credentials, One must perform close() then open(newStuff).
I think I can see how an LDAP CP could provide <connect, authN, authN,
authN> semantics given these rules. Meaning, until I realize I've
overlooked something and recant, I'm happy :)

Jim

Back to the top