[hibachi-dev] Hibachi Conf call minutes 17 april 2008

1)	Status
  a.	Dependencies on 3rd party antlr plugin have been removed
  b.	Bug fixes contributed by Todd have been incorporated
  c.	Recent bug fixes allow debugging to work on all platforms for
ObjectAda and GNAT
  d.	No outstanding IP issues remain
  e.	Binaries have been built for all supported platforms
  f.	Problems were encountered building the update site on Solaris
  g.	Todd has suggested two enhancements involving the outline view
    i.	Adam will send out an email to the list to discuss this
    ii.	As a general rule - our implementation should mirror that of CDT/JDT
where possible, or at a minimum, not conflict with those projects

2)	Google Summer of Code
      We have proposed two projects for GSoC applicants, and have students
who have submitted proposals. Eclipse has about 20 slots (and many more
proposals) so if we're lucky, we may get one of these projects approved.
Adam and Tom have offered to be mentors.
  a.	Bartosz proposed to create an AST (Ada95/2005)
  b.	James proposed to implement various functionalities including an Ada
Unit Testing View.

3)	Hibachi-dev mailing list and Hibachi newsgroup participation is
strongly solicited/required

4)	Hibachi "marketing"-
      Articles about Hibachi have appeared in the following publications
  a.	SD Times
  b.	Embedded Tech Journal
Articles are scheduled to appear in
  c.	Military Embedded Systems
  d.	Ada Letters
      A planned Hibachi presentation at Ada Germany in January was cancelled
due to illness

5)	There are new Eclipse website pages and structures. The Hibachi
website / project pages are currently being updated and may be in an
inconsistent state for the next couple of days. Part of the update is to
create the download page and update site. Since we now have binaries, we
will make them available from the site. Note- they will not be labeled as
releases, but probably as stream builds.

6)	A Release Review has been requested. The EMO has proposed May 21.
  a.	We need to start IP review ASAP, as it is the most time consuming.
  b.	Tom will start on the docuware.
  c.	As this is our first release, we likely will not completely conform
to Eclipse standards ("Eclipse Quality API", for instance), but will try to
conform to Eclipse process
  d.	We will enter bugs into Bugzilla that have been raised against the
techno (AonixADT) and still exist in Hibachi v0.1.0
  e.	The community is encouraged to enter bugs and enhancement requests
(and fix bugs)
  f.	The impression is that the work that Todd (KSU) is doing to provide
SPARK support is not proprietary, and can be included in Hibachi (need to
verify with Todd)

7)	CohesionForce status
  a.	Mandy is no longer with Hibachi
  b.	CF has built Hibachi various times and explored the techno
  c.	CF has spent some effort investigating TPTP but found it not very
useable for Hibachi
  d.	CF is also  investigating adding APEX-like functionality to Eclipse

8)	CohesionForce area of contribution
  a.	CF is very interested in the AIM project and is interested in
investigating the applicability/feasibility to the GSoC AST project.
  b.	CF will be able to submit bug fixes

9)	It is Hibachi's intention to create a complete self-contained
Ada/Eclipse development environment "distribution", like Doug Schaefer's
Wascana. This will allow people to start quickly with Hibachi, which given
the fact that many Adaists are not (yet!) Eclipse enthusiasts, will allow
them to quickly and easily try it out. The question arises as to which Ada
compiler to include, GNAT/GPL (Libre), gnuada (sourceforge). Gnuada seems to
have the nod for platform support as well as the possibility of the team
(MacAda included) contributing to Hibachi and possibly taking ownership of
the distribution.

10)	Next conf call will be May 11am EST

Tom Grosman
grosman@xxxxxxxx