Re: [henshin-dev] Refined Parameter concept

Christian Krause <henshin.ck@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Hi Christian,

> The Parameter class gets two boolean flags: "input" and "output". If
> the input flag is set the parameter value must be provided by the user
> (if not the engine throws an exception). If the input flag is not set
> it will be matched by the engine. The engine would similarly provide
> only output Parameters back to the application. Parameters which are
> neither input nor output are internal variables. And of course it is
> also possible to have in+out params.

I'm all for it!  But what's the semantics of in+out?  The name
"in-and-out" suggests it must be provided just like "in" but it is
passed thru for others to be used.  But I guess you mean "in-or-out",
e.g., it's optional meaning if given equivalent to "in", else equivalent
to "out" (that is, the current parameter semantics), right?

Bye,
Tassilo
--
Dipl.-Inform. Tassilo Horn                   | Room:  B015
University of Koblenz-Landau, Campus Koblenz | Phone: +49 (261) 287-2745

Back to the top