Re: [henshin-dev] Refined Parameter concept

Hi Tassilo,

We do need to support parameters / variables that are neither in nor out. They are used only internally in the rules, e.g. in the transfer money rule in the bank example. Therefore it would be consistent to also support in+out parameters. The semantics is as you said: they can be used in the rule and are passed through for other units / rules.

Cheers,
Christian

On Oct 31, 2014 10:10 AM, "Tassilo Horn" <horn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Christian Krause <henshin.ck@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Hi Christian,

> The Parameter class gets two boolean flags: "input" and "output". If
> the input flag is set the parameter value must be provided by the user
> (if not the engine throws an exception). If the input flag is not set
> it will be matched by the engine. The engine would similarly provide
> only output Parameters back to the application. Parameters which are
> neither input nor output are internal variables. And of course it is
> also possible to have in+out params.

I'm all for it!  But what's the semantics of in+out?  The name
"in-and-out" suggests it must be provided just like "in" but it is
passed thru for others to be used.  But I guess you mean "in-or-out",
e.g., it's optional meaning if given equivalent to "in", else equivalent
to "out" (that is, the current parameter semantics), right?

Bye,
Tassilo
--
Dipl.-Inform. Tassilo Horn                   | Room:  B015
University of Koblenz-Landau, Campus Koblenz | Phone: +49 (261) 287-2745