[henshin-dev] Refined Parameter concept

Hi,

Since this topic already came up in the discussion, here is one proposal for a refined parameter concept:

The Parameter class gets two boolean flags: "input" and "output". If the input flag is set the parameter value must be provided by the user (if not the engine throws an exception). If the input flag is not set it will be matched by the engine. The engine would similarly provide only output Parameters back to the application. Parameters which are neither input nor output are internal variables. And of course it is also possible to have in+out params.

The only worry I have is that when we introduce this change we will break existing transformations.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Christian

Back to the top