Re: [henshin-dev] Henshin Editor

Hi João,

I would like to add to the previous answers:

the Muvitor-Editor is still maintained at TU Berlin and Uni Luxembourg
and as mentioned, it is available at:

https://github.com/de-tu-berlin-tfs/Henshin-Editor/

You can choose which editor you want to use.

The Muvitor-based editor is an alternative to the integrated editor of
Henshin.
Main differences:
- multi-view: tree view of transformation system, graph view and rule view
- visual simulation: you can create a graph and apply your rules in the GUI
- rule view with separate LHS and RHS instead of an integrated view

The Github repository contains the henshin base plugins as well, which
are extended to fit to the HenshinTGG editor (a third kind of Henshin
editor).

If you like to try the Muvitor-based Henshin-Editor, then I suggest that
you use the plugins from the github repository.
However, there is no update site yet. You need to do the following to
use the editor:
1. import the plugins from the github repository in your main workspace
2.  > Run> Run as > Eclipse application

Best regards,

Frank

On 22.07.2014 22:03, Felix Rieger wrote:
> Hi João,
>
> On 2014-07-22 19:52, João Carlos Heringer Moreira wrote:
>> One thing that intrigues me is that when i read some articles (
>> http://journal.ub.tu-berlin.de/eceasst/article/view/528/530), i saw a
>> different kind of editor. It seems that a different eclipse perspective
>> was used (Henshin Editor). How can i install that perspective in my
>> eclipse? Im using eclipse Kepler, with the latest Henshin version.
>
> this looks like the "MuViTor" editor created by some people from the
> TU Berlin. There seems to be some current development, but I don't
> know if this editor works with current versions of Henshin. The
> built-in henshin graphical editor has reached a point where it works
> quite well, so my suggestion is to try to use Henshin's built-in editors.
> If you absolutely want or need to try the "MuViTor" editor as seen in
> your paper, some information about this editor can be found here:
> http://www.user.tu-berlin.de/lieske/tfs/projekte/henshin/
> Apparently, you can download it from a github repository
> (https://github.com/de-tu-berlin-tfs/Henshin-Editor/), which does not
> seem to be abandoned. Please note, however, that this might well be
> incompatible with current versions of Henshin.
>
> Felix

 Dr. Frank Hermann

 Research Associate at SnT            frank.hermann@xxxxxx
 +352 466644 5864                     www.securityandtrust.lu

 Postal address                       Visiting address
 securityandtrust.lu
 University of Luxembourg             D104, Campus Kirchberg
 4, rue Alphonse Weicker              4, rue Alphonse Weicker
 L-2721 Luxembourg                    L-2721 Luxembourg