Re: [henshin-dev] put Model-object as parameter?

Am 13.11.2012 15:57, schrieb Christian Krause:
Hi Jens,

I am not sure whether I fully understand what you want to do.
If you
want to set a specific object to be matched, you should pass it as a
parameter or as part of a partial match to the RuleApplication.

Yes, this seems what I want to do, at least I managed to realize what I want to do by creating a partialMatch with the desired object and doing the match with it.

If you want to pass a "type" to a rule that should be used for matching
a particular node, then that is a different problem.

Right. This is a task I want to do as well, we already discussed this :)
[…]
you can easily do this by
a "dynamic rule adaptation" at runtime.

This seems to be the right way!

Say you have an EClass "clazz"
that you want to use as the type of a node called "x" in the left-hand
side of a rule. Then you can use this code to dynamically adapt your rule:

Node node = rule.getLhs().getNode("x");
node.setType(clazz);

Nice way and it seems to solve my problem at this point, too! The only thing I ask myself is: How do I get the EClass for, lets say my UML-Profile-Stereotype? Instantiating the Stereotype by hand via plain Java code would be a way, but this would be rather complex I think, because I would have to do all the linking with Profile metamodel, and so on manually, right?

And again, thank you very much for your support!
Jens

Back to the top