Re: [gyrex-dev] Distribution Packaging

Hi Dennis,

O'Flynn, Dennis schrieb:
> I propose that everything provided within a P2 repository that contains
> the following:
>
> ·         Eclipse product: core server-side runtime
> ·         Eclipse features:
> o   Management
> o   Diagnostics
> o   SDK
> o   Exemplary OSGi Service Applications

> §  Web Container
> §  Database Container

+1

I like the idea of providing a p2 repository with all the stuff. I'm not
so sure about the initial feature set, though. I think that things might
move quite a bit until we reach our 1.0 version. At this point the
structure should be final.

> The project could provide EPP distributions that contain popular
> combinations of functionality.

Depending on what management features we offer I could also imagine just
a small initial zip for each platform. After that the server might be
able to provision itself.

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht