Software Development Manager
IBM Rational Software: Aurora / Modeling Tools
Phone: 613-270-4613

----- Forwarded by Anthony Hunter/Ottawa/IBM on 11/19/2010 11:43 AM -----

From:        "Philipp W. Kutter | Montages AG" <pwkutter@xxxxxxxxx>
To:        gmf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc:        Ed Merks <ed.merks@xxxxxxxxx>, Eike Stepper <stepper@xxxxxxxxxx>, Anthony Hunter/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA, Martin Schlatter Villiger <schlatter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Zwicker Christoph <christoph.zwicker@xxxxxxxxxx>, Michael Golubev <borlander@xxxxxxxxx>
Date:        11/19/2010 01:37 AM
Subject:        GMF Tooling Committers: Michael Golubev starts 100% as of 1.12.2010

Hi, Anthony and Eclipse Community.
I am proud to announce that one of Europe's most successful software vendor in the financial industry has decided to long term sponsor the GMF Tooling and related projects.

An official announcement will follow when the details are sorted out. The money is committed for three full time resources, three now independent ex-Borlander who alredy heavily contributed to GMF have been selected, and our company is only in an enabling role, as our business is management consulting, and not software.

Given the urge, I just released my own company's budget and can commit the following:

- Michael Golubev (Eclipse MDT UML2 tooling lead) will start working 100% for the GMF Tooling project as of 1.12.2010. This is a firm, financed, and agreed committment.

Michael has created various improvements to GMF templates as part of MDT UML2 and as MDT UML2 tooling lead, he knows all the processes for bringing GMF Tooling in the Indigo release. As well I know that Michael was involved at the very beginning of GMF in Borland, and he is among a group of very senior Borland engineers, that was selected 1998 by Borland to be a kind of kernel to the team.

My own company cannot sponsor him and further colleagues for many years, but the commitment from the reals sponsor is firm, and people are motivated. As well, Michael has a team of two ex-committer, and he is a good colleague with Alex S and Artem. Even if these two have no full time sponsorship to contribute, we plan to get their advice whenever needed.

Proposal:
- Add Michael to the committer list (he is in the CC)
- Try to evaluate the availability of Artem as project lead.

If you confirm, Michael will start 100% as of 1.12.
Best Regards,
Philipp

Contact Details: Philipp Kutter, Montages AG, through LinkedIn

Back to the top