Re: [gmf-dev] GMF Tooling Committers

Hi GMF Wizards,

Thanks Anthony for these insights about current status of GMF Tooling,

At BonitaSoft, we extensively use GMF in 2 Graphical Editors. We are simple users of GMF, since we only have a limited number of editors, and don't implement fundamental changes upon it. We mainly work on customization. For this we leverage everything possible, from Tooling part (gmfgraph and customization of generation using templates) and Runtime part (providers).
We like a lot GMF since it helps us to produce quickly highly functional editors, and we like to spread GMF love around us. Since we like GMF, we also like to improve it and to get it more and more used. That's why we try to contribute back to GMF when we can, either by answering to questions on newsgroup, documenting wiki, reporting bug, patching them.
We now know how GMF is powerful and customize, and that it is much easier to understand that it seems to be at first glance. We want to do things to make it clearer to new users.

While Aurelien feels more easy with the Runtime part (although he is also easy with tooling), I personally feel more interested in the tooling part. So I'd like to become a committer on this project, all the more if there is need for it. However I won't be able to spend much time on GMF itself (maybe a very few hours a month), since we still have a lot of work to do for Bonita Open Solution; and working for GMF will be a low-priority job, but I hope that although this won't represent a lot of time, I will be able to provide valuable contributions to GMF Tooling.

Also, having GMF-Tooling part of Indigo is important for GMF, and GMF is important for us. That's why I'd be glad to assist you on this if necessary. I've already integrated Java Workflow Tooling in the Galileo release train, and I liked this experience.

Regards,
Mickael

--

Mickael Istria
R&D Engineer

BonitaSoft - Open your processes
email : mickael.istria@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This message and any attachment (the "message") is intended solely for the addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message by mistake, please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Any use not in accordance with its purpose, any out-spread or disclosure, either as a whole or partially, is prohibited except with formal approval. Internet cannot guarantee the integrity of this message, therefore BonitaSoft will not be liable for the message if modified.

Back to the top