Re: [gmf-dev] newbie GMF question

Hi Yate,

this mailing list is reserved for discussions regarding the development of the GMF project.

Please address your question to the GMF Eclipse newsgroup.

Thanks,

Antoine

On 10/10/07, Yate Wong <yayate@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
With GMF, is it possible to have 2 display objects (in same or different diagram files) pointing to the same EObject-derived object?
By display objects, I mean instances of a node class generated by GMF.

If it's possible, how to handle display object's instance-specific drawing data?
Should it be made part of EMF's domain model, or there're some other ways?

What I want to do is to have 2 display objects getting the node name from the same EObject-derived object, but each display object can have its own display instance-specific data?

Hope someone understands my question.
I'm just starting to learn/eval EMF/GMF.

Thanks very much.