RE: [gmf-dev] Congrats on build

Personally, I don't mind using the update sites either. However, I usually have about ~10 Eclipse installations lying around that serve different purposes. For the all-in-one build, I'd include examples, doc, sources (but that's just me). I don't mind a bundled set of downloads, others should give feedback though.

From the WTP site, "The Eclipse Web Tools Platform Project will initially focus on infrastructure for tools used to build applications for standards-based Web and Java runtime environments. WTP all-in-one module includes the complete set of software to start using wtp immediately. This package already has wtp combined with the complete set of prerequisites, eclipse 3.1 sdk, emf, gef and jem. You will not need anything else."
http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/downloads/drops/M-0.7.1-200509270720/

Cheers,

----
Chris Aniszczyk
IBM Tivoli Security / Eclipse Software Developer <zx@xxxxxxxxxx>
+1 860.839.2465

"Richard Gronback" <Richard.Gronback@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: gmf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/21/2005 11:53 AM

Please respond to
"GMF Project developer discussions." <gmf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"GMF Project developer discussions." <gmf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [gmf-dev] Congrats on build

Thanks, Chris.

By all-in-one, I assume you mean something like platform+emf+gef+gmf?  Then, there’s the question of whether or not to include examples, documentation, sources, etc.  Personally, I prefer to leverage the Update Manager whenever possible to configure my installations.

On a related note, as I am undoubtedly going to have a similar conversation re: this at the next Planning Council meeting, what would you think about a Callisto train set of downloads bundled together, or provided their own update site?

Best,
Rich