[gmf-dev] Introduction

Hi Team,

I thank you all for the opportunity to contribute to the GMF project.

An introduction is in order since I was unable to attend the kickoff.

I have been at IBM Rational for almost 10 years. I have worked on applications based on Eclipse technology for the last six years. You are likely familiar with Rational XDE and Rational Software Architect both based on Eclipse (In fact, the early days of XDE was based on an internal IBM project before being contributed as Eclipse 1.0).

My primary focus over the years has been centered on user interface and the core frameworks built on core Eclipse technology. I am presently manager for the team that contributed the core common frameworks to GMF. I have been a member of the team since day one of our project (so yes, you can blame me).

Specific items I have worked on, call them my highlights:
- First version of the Eclipse plug-in for team integration with Rational ClearCase back in 2001, the core of which is still in production today.
- A tabbed properties view that is now contributed to the Eclipse web tools project (org.eclipse.wtp.common.ui.properties).
- The UML Modeler component in Rational Software Architect.

I look forward to working with the team and contributing to the success of our project.

Cheers...
Anthony
--
Anthony Hunter mailto:anthonyh@xxxxxxxxxx