Re: [gemini-dev] switch for blueprint support

Thanks for this Andrew.

There is a design issue with multiple extenders competing to extend a particular application bundle. The OSGi Alliance is defining some standard generic capabilities that extenders can provide and applications can require so that an application can say that it needs a particular extender, although I'm not sure that much thought has been given to selecting between distinct implementations of the same extender standard. I'll mention this use case

So your patch is probably a necessary evil. ;-)

Please could you raise a bug and attach the patch. ChainActivator seems like a reasonable spot for the new logic.

Your patch would also be useful in scenarios where Gemini Blueprint and Aries Blueprint need to co-exist, such as when running Aries Subsystems in Virgo ([1]).

Regards,
Glyn