Re: [gef-dev] Zest builds

Hi Team,

I am already fixing the build this week to add in the new Zest plug-ins and
features.

Breaking existing customers is not an option, so GEF-SDK cannot contain
Zest (nor GEF-Runtime).
I plan to add Zest to GEF-ALL however.

Cheers...
Anthony
--
Anthony Hunter mailto:anthonyh@xxxxxxxxxx
Software Development Manager: Eclipse Open Source Components

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |Randy Hudson <hudsonr@xxxxxxxxxx>                                                                                                                 |
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |GEF development <gef-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                                                                                             |
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |12/12/2007 09:31 AM                                                                                                                               |
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  |Re: [gef-dev] Zest builds                                                                                                                         |

Maybe an EMF approach would make sense here.  i.e., EMF+SDO+XSD ->
GEF+Zest.
Changing the meaning of GEF-SDK or GEF-ALL could cause confusion among
existing consumers (including build scripts) of GEF builds.

-Randy

             "Nick Boldt"
             <codeslave@xxxxxx
             Sent by:                  "GEF development"
             gef-dev-bounces@e         <gef-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Ian Bull"
             clipse.org                <irbull@xxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             12/11/2007 11:16                                      Subject
             PM                        Re: [gef-dev] Zest builds

             Please respond to
              GEF development
             <gef-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

My understanding is that my role as build monkey will begin post-M4, so
yes, coordination w/ me after M4 is done next week will work.

Will the new GEF build will continue to provide ALL (SDK + Examples), SDK,
Runtime, Examples, Tests, plus a new bundle for all the Zest bits?

Or should Zest be distributed across (integrated into) the ALL, SDK,
Runtime, Examples, and Tests? Or be a separate component (and thus separate
build, with its own 1+ zips/update jars)?

FYI, I'm on vacation Dec 17 - 19 and Dec 24 - Jan 06, so I won't be doing
much during that time. ;-)

Nick

On Dec 11, 2007 9:24 PM, Ian Bull <irbull@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hi all,

  What do I need to do now to get Zest into the GEF project build?  I am
  starting to put the website together (along with links to the snippets I
  have).  Assuming everything goes through with Nick (as our new release
  engineer), should I would with him on this?

  Thanks,
  Ian

  --
  R. Ian Bull