From: Ian Bull <irbull@xxxxxxxxx>
To: GEF development <gef-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 22/02/2007 12:45 PM
Subject: Re: [gef-dev] GEF figure library

Sebu,

I agree with you that some of these features should be refactored back
to GEF / Draw2D. However, refactoring always takes a back seat
especially when there is other work to do. I am neither a GEF or GMF
developer, but I appreciate that the current developers are busy and
this type of refactoring is not a high priority.  I don't know the
details of GMF SVG reader, but I doubt it depends on much (unless of
course they used EMF, then this refactoring can't take place).  You
could probably just get the SVG reader from the GMF source repository.

Anthony, do you think that moving the SVG reader to GEF is:
1) technically possibly?
2) feasible within the currently development cycle?

cheers,
Ian