AW: [geclipse-user] Re: geclipse very slow with lots of files mountedwith gsiftp

> > Maybe. But how to be sure ?
>
> what Romain refers to is the problem he reported on the geclipse-devel
> mailing list on January 7 / 8 regarding his code trying to upload 10000
> files and blocking for a long time, because lots of threads were blocking
> on that synchronized buffer from eclipse's  FileStore class.

These two issues should not be related to each other. In the one case we are talking only about listing directories and in the other case we are talking about file transfers going on. The problem with the synchronized buffers only affects file transfers.

> But we still have to do something regarding that. Romain did work that
> around in his code.

There is already a patch on my local workspace that I will soon submit to the resource team. Maybe this will make it into the next Eclipse release but if we would like to change this for our users soon the only thing is to recommend to patch their systems independently of the Eclipse release.

Cheers, Mathias

Back to the top