Re: [geclipse-user] Re: geclipse very slow with lots of files mounted with gsiftp

Hi Andy,

nice to see you again, around in this other mailing list also ;-)

Sorry for the late reply/ies... we are still quite busy with the review
preparation these days...

> thanks for this tip but it does not change the problem. Clicking on a
> directory mounted with gsiftp with lots of files in it still takes 10
> minutes to refresh the geclipse display. During this time the entire
> application is blocked.
>
> Maybe I am doing this incorrectly. If you would like to try out on the
> same SE I can give you access to our test VO where such files are.

no, i don't think you can do anything incorrectly, and if you can do
something wrong it is our fault anyways... the code shouldn't allow
it! ;-)

Anyways, yes having access to that case would be nice, because we already
did similar tests and the problem didn't happen. Do you need me/us to
register in your VO, or just the Cert subject?

> Maybe. But how to be sure ?

what Romain refers to is the problem he reported on the geclipse-devel
mailing list on January 7 / 8 regarding his code trying to upload 10000
files and blocking for a long time, because lots of threads were blocking
on that synchronized buffer from eclipse's  FileStore class.

But we still have to do something regarding that. Romain did work that
around in his code.

Cheers!
Ariel

Back to the top