Re: AW: [geclipse-dev] GT4 status update

Hi

> First of all, great to hear that some work is going on in this direction,
> thanks!
>
> Now a question:
> > - The VO concept in g-Eclipse associates a info service to a VO.
> >   => there has to be a possibility  to select the type of info system
> >      to link to a VO (currently the VOMS VO is assuming a BDII info
> > system) In my workspace I changed the VOMS pluin to assume a MDS4 info
> > system, there is need to make that selectable (through an extension
> > point)
>
> Does that mean you are using the VOMS VO in order to set up a GT project?

Yes

> It may be due to my very limited knowledge of GT4 but is VOMS implemented
> in GT4?

Well, I'm no Globus expert either, but as I understand it VOMS is one of the
options you have in Globus (but it is not required at all).
See http://www.globus.org/grid_software/security/ in section "Components for
Access Control and Authorization".

> If so you may be right but the details here should be discussed
> carefully, if not you're misusing the VOMS VO here. In that case you
> definitely should define your own VO type (GT4 VO) that houses all the
> parameters for proper authentication and information management (as we did
> for GRIA as well).

As I understand it VOMS is something that might be used with BDII as well as
with MDS4 (although I'm not yet 100% sure how the VO mapping to resources
works there - I got dumps of some GT4.0 MDS servers where I can see some
pattern, but thats something to investigate further).
The binding of a info system type to a VO type that we have right now in g-
Eclipse now might be to strict. You are right - that is something to discuss
about, especially since this means touching stuff that is completely in the
core of g-Eclipse.

Cheers,
Thomas

Back to the top