AW: [geclipse-dev] GT4 status update

Hi Thomas,

First of all, great to hear that some work is going on in this direction, thanks!

Now a question:

> - The VO concept in g-Eclipse associates a info service to a VO.
>   => there has to be a possibility  to select the type of info system
>      to link to a VO (currently the VOMS VO is assuming a BDII info system)
>      In my workspace I changed the VOMS pluin to assume a MDS4 info system,
>      there is need to make that selectable (through an extension point)

Does that mean you are using the VOMS VO in order to set up a GT project? It may be due to my very limited knowledge of GT4 but is VOMS implemented in GT4? If so you may be right but the details here should be discussed carefully, if not you're misusing the VOMS VO here. In that case you definitely should define your own VO type (GT4 VO) that houses all the parameters for proper authentication and information management (as we did for GRIA as well).

Cheers, Mathias

Back to the top