Re: [geclipse-dev] MyProxy support

Hi

> > I've committed an initial version of the myproxy plugins
> > (eu.geclipse.myproxy and eu.geclipse.myproxy.ui) to the CVS repository.
>
> great!! :-)
>
> > There are still some things that could be better but the basic
> > functionality works.
>
> so what you implemented is proxy retrieval from myproxy, not uploading,
> right?

No, both should work. On the 2nd page of the wizard you can choose if you just
want to get a proxy or if you want to upload one.

> > The main problem right now is that it only can act
> > as a globus proxy (not as a VOMS proxy) since I do not know what the
> > myproxy server will return if a request a proxy from it (i.e. I can not
> > guarantee that it will return a VOMS proxy) and I do not know how to
>
> it depends on what the user did upload previously, but for sure -if VOMS
> proxys are registered in the extension point- you can parse the proxy and
> check if it is a voms or plain one.
>
> > integrate this into the current authentication token system. Also there
>
> you mean API or GUI?

For the GUI the problem is that if a plugin requests a VOMS proxy right now
the user does not get the option "MyProxy" because I do not know if I will
get a VOMS proxy from the MyProxy server.
For the API the problem is that I can not return the voms-proxy-id in the
canCreate() method because it is not sure that it will create a voms proxy.
Thats the reason why it now only returns globus proxies which are the lowest
common denominator.

Cheers,
Thomas

Back to the top