AW: [geclipse-dev] Job status error

Hi All,

> Yes, it looks like gLite changed WSDD for LB again. And again they did
not
> mention it anywhere...

Any chance to make things better by shouting at the gLite developer's
channels?

> I will try to produce fix for this on Wedneday.

Which will not go into our next release (RC0), right? Any chance to make
g-Eclipse RC0 able to deal with this problem?

> nested exception: org.xml.SAXException: Invalid element in
> org.glite.wsdl.types.lb.JobStatus - uiHost

Is this an additional element they put in the XML or is it a change of
an existing element? I had the same problem with the VOMS protocol
several months ago and there it turned out that it was due to an
additional element that did not affect us at all. But since my code was
very strict I did not allow additional elements. I changed this paradigm
for VOMS so that we warn the user about additional elements (by logging
this) but nevertheless proceed with the operation. That means the VOMS
code is now stable in the sense that it does not crash any more if the
XML is extended. Nevertheless it of course will complain if the known
elements change.

So if this is also an addition to the original XML format I suggest we
also change the job status code (and maybe also other codes?!) to not
break due to such additions. If it is really a hard change it is of
course more difficult to handle and we have to check versions of the XML
here.

Cheers, Mathias

Back to the top