Re: [geclipse-dev] Source code

Dear Olegica,

> I am observing source code from svn repository. I am searching, for
> example, Data exploring, and I could not find it. Since gEclipse is
> complex system, a part of more complex system - Eclipse, is better to
> ask, than to spend hours searching..

sure :-)

> Also I could not find in source where perspectives are implemented, or
> maybe they are just inherit from eclipse, and perspectives associate
> with grid are added ?

As you might know Eclipse has the concept of "extension points", which is
used all across the board (included in gEclipse of course) to allow for
optional plug-ins to dynamically extend basic functionalities of Eclipse.

This is also the case for the perspectives: they are "declared" in the
plugin.xml file of the plug-in defining them.

For gEclipse this happens in the
   eu.geclipse.ui/plugin.xml
file.
If you open it (in Eclipse :-) you can go to the "Extensions" tab of the
editor and you will find  the  org.eclipse.ui.perspectives extension point
which at the xml level looks like:

   <extension
         point="org.eclipse.ui.perspectives">
      <perspective
            class="eu.geclipse.ui.internal.UserPerspectiveFactory"
            fixed="false"
            icon="icons/eview16/guser_pers.gif"
            id="eu.geclipse.ui.userPerspective"
            name="%perspective.user.name"/>

So there you also see th class which defines that perspective:
    eu.geclipse.ui.internal.UserPerspectiveFactory

Of course, that class is also quite simple and only determines which
*views* the perspective is composed of... and the views are again
referenced by their *view-id*s
You will again find them using the extension points!  (again in the UI
plug-in  many of them, but some of them elsewhere!)
Look for

   <extension
         point="org.eclipse.ui.views">

in plugin.xml