AW: [geclipse-dev] Source code

Dear Olgica,

Yes, g-Eclipse is in the meantime a really complex piece of code :) So let’s see if we can bring in some light here…

> I am observing source code from svn repository.

First you should be aware of the fact that the SVN codes only contain the middleware independent parts of g-Eclipse. The middleware specific implementations are located in our CVS repository. See http://wiki.eclipse.org/G-Eclipse-Middleware-Extensions for how to access our CVS.

The reason for having two repositories is that we are not allowed to check in non-EPL licensed code into the Eclipse SVN repository and since all the gLite/Globus/GRIA jars are non-EPL …

Ø      I am searching, for example, Data exploring, and I could not find it.

The abstraction parts of the data management can be found in the eu.geclipse.core.filesystem (SVN) plug-in. We are using Eclipse EFS for the data management (see http://help.eclipse.org/ganymede/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/guide/resAdv_efs_api.htm for reference). If you are searching for UI functionalities these can be found in the eu.geclipse.eu plug-in (SVN).

The middleware specific parts are in eu.geclipse.efs.[gria,gridftp,lgp,sftp,srm] (CVS) and eu.geclipse.aws.s3 (SVN).

Ø      Also I could not find in source where perspectives are implemented, or maybe they are just inherit from eclipse, and perspectives associate with grid are added ?

Perspectives are per se an Eclipse concept (see http://help.eclipse.org/ganymede/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/guide/workbench_perspectives.htm for reference) and we are just reusing this. The implementation of our perspectives (User, Operator, Developer and Exploring) can be found in eu.geclipse.ui.internal. The classes are *PerspectiveFactory.java. Note that you have to register a new perspective to Eclipse with the org.eclipse.ui.perspectives extension point. The extensions for our perspectives can be found in the plugin.xml of the eu.geclipse.ui plug-in.

Hope that helps so far,

Mathias

Back to the top