Re: [geclipse-dev] Job Status

Hello,

I am using geclipse jobs to run computation intensive computations. In my application I need several thousands of jobs being refreshed by several hundreds of threads. After a while I get garbage collection problems.

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded

Meaning that to much CPU time is spent in garbage collection....

How do you manage statuses life cycle in geclipse. I suspect that you are constructing a new status each time a job status is updated, is it the case or do you reuse existing statuses?

Cheers,
Romain

Mariusz Wojtysiak a écrit :
Hello!

Well... for each actor we already have support to describe status meaning:

- for users: in g-eclipse Jobs view we have column "Reason", where user see short description for current status. E.g. "Authentication token could not be created", "Job successfully submitted to Globus" etc

- for developers: interface IGridJobStatus has enumerated all status values. Each value has Javadoc description

Maybe column name "reason" is not the best, but if user looks at values there, he can recognize meaning of that column.

I think current solution is enough.

Back to the top