Re: [geclipse-dev] Job Status

Hi Romain,

> I am using geclipse jobs to run computation intensive computations. In
> my application I need several thousands of jobs being refreshed by
> several hundreds of threads. After a while I get garbage collection
> problems.

it is great news that you are using/trying to use gEclipse with such big
numbers of jobs!
We will definitely adapt the code to be able to scale up to that use case.

> How do you manage statuses life cycle in geclipse. I suspect that you
> are constructing a new status each time a job status is updated, is it
> the case or do you reuse existing statuses?

Yes, at least a new JobStatusUpdater is created for each new Job, not a
Status itself as far as i see. But for sure Mariusz and/or Pawel will have
a more authoritative answer.

Romain, could you please open a Bug issue in Bugzilla for this?
Thanks!

Ariel

Back to the top