Re: [geclipse-dev] How to disable "Yoxos Notifications" window?

> At the moment, I have the problem that I cannot even see the Eclipse
> Workbench. I cannot make that annoying empty dialog go away and without
> it going away Eclipse doesn't seem to want to proceed further. It
> definitely seems proxy-related which actually reminds me of a similar
> problem with a yoxos bundle I downloaded a year or so ago.  It appears
> that the Yoxos stuff tries to contact its mother-ship as soon as Eclipse
> is started, even the very first time (with a new workspace) when no
> proxy info has yet been provided. (Other plugins at least seem to wait

oh yes. Even with a tcpdump you can see that, but for me the workspace was
coming up anyways, with a "searching for plugin updates" going further in
the backgroung until it concludes "no updates available"

> until the Workbench is loaded and visible before trying to do the same.)
>
> I've untarred the yoxos bundle into my home directory as myself (not as
> root) and the relevant permissions are correct. I do start Eclipse from
> the commandline ("./eclipse"). Any cmdline options you would recommend I

You might try
  -consolelog

and increasing the memory size
    -vmargs -XX:MaxPermSize=128M  -Xmx 400