Re: [geclipse-dev] How to disable "Yoxos Notifications" window?

Hi Ash,

Markus is away this week.

> > Hey, it's just your special environment that makes it so hard to get
> > something running. But talking of this, there are others out there who
> > are sitting behind a proxy (Reading?). Did you see the same problems
> > as Ariel? I mean, was it working for you without problems or did you
> > give up after a while?

i finally managed to get everything working as expected (but NOT as
WHISHED*) except Subversive, which is still poping up the password dialog
every single time it needs to interact with the repo!!! (so, 2 times each
plugin-update etc :-((

* Whished was that i unpack the package as root and then i can run it as
normal user... no way  :-((( even with plain eclipse, no yoxos.

> shows some activity. About 50% of the way through, the splash screen
> disappears and I get presented with a small dialog box with the title
> 'Eclipse' and no content - no text, button or suchlike. Clicking the 'X'
> Any suggestions?

i didn't hit that problem, as far as i remember, but i can tell you what i
found to be problems:

- the yoxos perspective was not able to use the proxy settings if Eclipse
starts in that perspective. This means: set your proxy, go to the PDE or
Resources perspective, restart, switch to yoxos.
This issue should apparently have been fixed in the last yoxos update, i
was told.

- Unpack the eclipse/yoxos tarball as normal user! If eclipse is not able
to write in $ECLIPSE/configuration etc you will only have the basic
features active (Platform/RCP/Help)

- I couldn't get yoxos to automatically offer me to perform the Workspace
provisioning. I had to go to Help/WS provisioning (or similar) then the
profiles view, search our profile, select for installation, click on start
installation -> you are told to restart -> then provisioning starts.

- even if i have enough memory i always have to fine tune the memory
parameters in eclipse/eclipse.ini .... increasing them a bit more than a
value also causes problems, it is quite nit-picking. I can send you my
settings if you wish.

- BTW, make sure you use a new empty workspace.

- you can start eclipse from the command line if you didn't do that
already, can help to see if there are exceptions etc.

Hope it helps, cheers, Ariel

Back to the top