RE: [geclipse-dev] Gria registry info system problem

Hi Nick,

This is correct behaviour for the service, and is how the security
works.

In order to let people access the resources in your registry resource
you must go to the Access Control area on the registry service.
In order that people can call getRegisteredResources() on you registry
they must have the either the 'member' role or the 'owner' role.
You will want to give people the 'member' role, and shouls set up a
rule(s) to do this.
Either you can add all people explicitly by adding their certificate and
CA certificate or by adding an 'all' rule for a CA.

User 'Bob' signed by 'Some Trusted CA' is Allowed role 'member' on
resource 'your registry'

OR

* signed by 'Another Trusted CA' is Allowed role 'member' on resource
'your registry'

So I seem to remember there is a few CA's in the scenario, so a rule
will be needed for each. (Polish CA, Cypriot CA...
Users can still submitJobs and run them if know the endpoint of the
JobService, the registry is just an information point, as you say, and
they have independant access control lists.

Mark McArdle
IT Innovation Centre
2 Venture Road
Chilworth Science Park