Re: AW: [geclipse-dev] testing g-Eclipse / nightly builds

On Wednesday 23 January 2008 09:53, Tao, Jie wrote:
> I downloaded the Window version and it runs! I tested the functionality
> with data and job; we still have to fix some bugs in the code.

Cool... great.

> 1. data management
>
> General problem: the known problem with zero size files is bothering.
> (thinking about that a user mounts to an SE and tries to create a new
> file. But he can not type the content). So it is time to solve this
> problem. At a gridftp connection such files can fortunately be deleted,
> but not with an SRM.
>
> gridftp connection: everything works fine on my platform, except the
> zero size files.
> SRM connection: files can not be open
>                 files can not be copied to other connections (the file
> name can be seen after
>                 coping, but is empty)
>                 files can be copied from a gridftp connection to an SRM
> without problems
> LFC connection: I tried to open the existing files on the catelog, but
> got "Error opening the
>                 editor". (perhaps due to the file form)

+1 -- I think that this is really an annoying error and that is something I
always have to explain whenever I am presenting (like I did yesterday)
g-Eclipse.

> 2. job management
>    everything is fine

Fine.

> 3. Available Gria services
>
>   work well

Good to see this first, rough test working. I've integrated the Gria plug-ins
yesterday, but I have to admit that I didn't test them properly (so far!).

Markus

Back to the top