AW: [geclipse-dev] testing g-Eclipse / nightly builds

Hi All

> Well done! So we have a very simple method to distribute the g-Eclipse
> framework now! That is good!

So everybody, support Markus and start testing, NOW. It is both a test
for g-Eclipse and the EPP-packaging.

> Currently the whole package is above 175 MByte. Would it be worth to
have > a
> minimal set of features for i.e. a simple user. This should include
for
> example the Authentication stuff, the file management plugins, the job
> definition and submission part. (may be I missed some functionality).
>
> Would it be worth to have something smaller and easier? Pawel brought
this
> up in the past, so perhaps it is now the time to start the discussion!

I think it will not be easy to come up with something smaller. On the
other hand I am convinced that it would be a good thing to have smaller
and more fine grained "installation units". But maybe we get assistance
there from a student that is thinking about making his diploma thesis
with g-Eclipse. At the current state it is too early to come up with
more details. But as soon as it gets more concrete I will inform you on
that. Just wanted to let you know that Karlsruhe has already some ideas
here.

Cheers, Mathias

Back to the top