Re: AW: [geclipse-dev] Minutes of the JSDL meeting from today

Hi,

Ok, so we can skip INPUT/OUTPUT file type for now, but it does not mean the problems I described will disappear. It would be hard to handle presentation and editing of INPUT/OUTPUT files, so I would strongly go for my proposal, which eliminates those problems and also hides low-level specification details (INPUT, OUTPUT type), and shows only a kind of "description" to the user. We can combine this solution with Ariel's idea of icons, to make it more readable and associate this wizard page with help topic describing data staging in and out.

Answering to Ariel's mail - where it comes to files transferred to/from the place where job runs - in JSDL there is no distinction between files transferred to/from desktop/user-interface node and to/from SE. Any data moving between executable host and any other network node is handled with data staging (which allows changing of names). Of course I'm not expert on JSDL - this is what I know from JSDL specification - if I'm wrong, please correct me.

Have a nice day,
Kasia

Back to the top