[geclipse-dev] Registering HTTPG Protocol (Help!)

Hi *,

Wasted too much time over it. I've lost heart at it - I give up.
So I need help from others - maybe a fresh cast will show me what am I
doing wrong:

I need to register HTTPG protocol in URL Class to make SRM working.
But: HTTPG Handlers are in external plugin: org.globus (pckg:
org.globus.axis.transport).

Due to that classloaders are different for different plugins I'm getting
classloader exception:

<< loader constraint violation: loader (instance of
org/eclipse/osgi/internal/baseadaptor/DefaultClassLoader) previously
initiated loading for a different type with name
"javax/xml/namespace/QName" >>

Former solution was to put cog-axis.jar into system class path to make
all classloaders use the same file. (despite this is a non-Eclipse way
it had interfered with Pawel's job submission).

I'm also not able to register this protocol by hand with:
URL.setURLStreamHandlerFactory( new
org.globus.net.GlobusURLStreamHandlerFactory() ); because it can be
launched only once and Eclipse had it done already.

org.globus.axis.util.Util.registerTransports() registers transport only
for Axis' classes.

If anybody has any idea how to deal with it please let me now, and if
anybody has spare time to assist me (or to take over the lead and take
me as an assistant) you know how to get me.

--
Mateusz Pabiś
gEclipse Team

Back to the top