AW: AW: [geclipse-dev] InfoView

> I think Mathias should go ahead and give some thought (as he knows the
> architecture best) to how we can integrate this to the project view.

The proper way to implement this with respect to our model would be the
following:

1) Define subtypes of the IGridService interface for each type of
service as we have already for the info service, i.e.

- IJobSubmissionService
- IReplicaService
- IFileTransferService

2) These interfaces define the basic and middleware independent
functionalities for the corresponding services. For the job submission
service this would for instance be:

- public void submitJob( final IGridJobDescription description );
- public IGridJobStatus getJobStatus( final IGridJob job );
- ...

3) Define access methods in IVirtualOrganization for all these services
as we have already for the info service, i.e.

- public IJobSubmissionService[] getJobSubmissionServices();
- public IReplicaService[] getReplicaServices();
- public IFileTransferService[] getFileTransferServices();

This means that the VO is the central access point for all services.
Internally the VO uses the info service to provide the other services
(i.e. the IGridInfoService#fetchServices(...).

4) In the Grid project view these services will be accessible via the
VO-element. This element currently has three nodes, computing, storage
and services. The services node will get four child nodes, info service,
job submission services, replica services and file transfer services.
Beyond these nodes the corresponding services will be listed.
Furthermore their functionality will be integrated in the project view
via context menus and/or drag'n'drop operations (i.e. drop a job on a
job submission service will submit the job using this service ...).

Think about it...

Mathias

Back to the top