AW: [geclipse-dev] InfoView

Hi all, Hi George

You find my comments in the text. BUT..
hey it works on my computer! Great!
Management installable software! Unbelievable!

>>Last night I was able to make some improvements on the glite.info and
>>infoview plugins.
>>They are in the current SVN/CVS respectively.
>>*** I also had to make a change in the CORE *** so that the
>>Grid project
>>view also shows Services.

I updated and it works! Good!

>>Currently I limit the services to WMS services only since the
>>information system contains thousands of service "instances".
>>
>>I'd also like to propose that we add another level  in the
>>Grid project
>>tree under "Services".
>>
>>Under "Services" there should be a list of "SERVICE types" such as:
>>
>>data-location-interface
>>gridice
>>lcg-file-catalog
>>lcg-local-file-catalog
>>local-data-location-interface
>>org.glite.ce
>>org.glite.ChannelAgent
>>org.glite.ChannelManagement
>>org.glite.Delegation
>>org.glite.FileTransfer
>>org.glite.FileTransferStats
>>org.glite.wms
>>ResourceBroker
>>srm
>>srm_v1
>>VOBOX
>>
>>This list is available dynamically from the information system.
>>
>>How can we go about this?

Yes, that is the right way.

1. In the VO preference, we specify the InfoSystem.

2. A Grid project is connected with one VO. Central services are part of the VO infrastructure

3. From the info system we list the services for this VO under the GridProject VO
(as we did already for Computing and Storage)

4. I propose the following CENTRAL services types to be listed under:
	JobSubmission
	Replica Service
	FileTransferService

5. More services can be added as we got needs from users. So wait for the requests!
	some of the services listed by you are not central services, but site services. They are listed already as computing and storage, aren't they?

There might be a few comments more from others?

Harald

Dr. Harald Kornmayer

Institut für wissenschaftliches Rechnen
Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe