Re: AW: [geclipse-dev] Eclipse 3.3 and 3.2

Hi all,

I didn't want to start my last email with my own thoughts, but of course, I
have my opinion...

* We should not face many problems (at least problems we cannot solve) with
the Europa Release. Therefore I would suggest to set up the build system for
both versions, but with Callisto as reference platform. The reference
platform should be changed with the final release of Europa.

* I expect that the only changes affect some feature definitions and their
dependencies - in other words: I don't expect code changes.

* I personally don't like the idea of managing two development streams in our
code repositories for our 0.5.0 release. Again, I would like to have 0.5.0 be
built and tested against Europa, but with backward compatibility to Callisto.

* We are using Yoxos and this is based on Eclipse 3.2 -- I hope that we will
provide the development stream with the release of Eclipse 3.3 M7. This might
be one solution for changing the development environment.

* For running the build and test we have to setup a 'target environment'. This
could also be used for developing with an old 3.2 against the upcoming
version.

Conclusion: (1) Set up build system for Callisto/3.2, (2) Set up build system
for Europa/3.3, (3) Switch to 3.3 as soon as both build systems are running
properly and use 3.3 as a target for our 0.5.0 release.

Markus

Back to the top