Re: [equinox-dev] Eclipse ViewPart and OSGI Declarative Services problem

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 5:17 PM, Richard Catlin
<richard.m.catlin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have a ViewPart which depends on an OSGI Declarative Service.
>
> I have it configured properly so that the service is injected into the
> ViewPart via a bind method.  I can debug and see that this is working.
>
> The problem I am having is that a new instance of the ViewPart is being
> instantiated for viewing and that the instance that was injected is not
> being used.

When a view is instantiated (for example, when it is shown for the
first time in the session) it is created by
org.eclipse.ui.internal.registry.ViewDescriptor.createView(), basicly
calling org.eclipse.core.runtime.IConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(String)

AFAIK there's no hook from there that allow anything to be injected
into it, at least not in 3.x

PW

--
Paul Webster