Re: [equinox-dev] GWT+Equinox

You might want to get the real Jetty stuff rather than checking it out using the psf. The psf may be out of date. Try using all released code.

Jeff

Ian Bull wrote:
Ricardo,

I have this working with GWT 1.5 and Eclipse 3.4, so we know it's possible :-).

Have you tried adding javax.servlet to the required plug-ins for GWT? I have a GWT bundle, and I noticed that it depends on javax.servlet. If I remove this dependency I get the class cast exception.

I also removed all the servlet stuff from Exported Packages list. (See the Runtime tab in the Manifest editor).

Cheers,
Ian

Ricardo Giacomin wrote:

Hi there,

I tried to follow the directions from wiki page http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Google_Web_Toolkit_and_Equinox with no success. The problem is that no matter what I do I still get the ClassCastException when the ServletManager tries to instantiate the servlet. It is probably a problem of different servlet API version (2.4 in equinox http and 2.3 in gwt).

I’m using:

GWT 1.5.2

Eclipse 3.4

Jetty Http from http://www.eclipse.org/equinox/server/downloads/jettyhttp-anon.psf