[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: [equinox-dev] GWT+Equinox
- From: "Ricardo Giacomin" <ricardo.giacomin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 10:07:53 -0300
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organization: Vetta Technologies
- Thread-index: AckNLYHZToJWSWPUQJSYc5dlYt51pAAgtvJA
This is what I did originally:
1) I created a plug-in wrapping gwt-user.jar and gwt-devwindows.jar (this
plug-in is called equinox.gwt)
2) In this plug-in manifest, I removed javax.servlet.* from exported
packages and appended Eclipse-BuddyPolicy: registered
3) I had a working gwt RPC sample application (pretty much a hello world)
that I converted to a plug-in project (this plug-in is called
4) I checked-out the following plug-ins from dev.eclipse.org (using the
jetty http psf)
. javax.servlet (v2_4)
. org.apache.commons.logging (v1_0_4)
. org.mortbay.jetty (5_1_11)
5) In plug-in equinox.gwt.sample I extended
6) In manifest file, I appended Eclipse-RegisterBuddy: equinox.gwt
My RemoteServiceServlet is called MyServiceImpl. It is instantiated but a
ClassCastException is thrown when it is assigned to newDelegate, in
Ian, if I put javax.servlet plug-in as required to equinox.gwt, I get HTTP
ERROR: 405 HTTP method GET is not supported by this URL. If I put
javax.servlet as required to equinox.gwt.sample, I still get the
Jeff, which is the stable version I should get from cvs (instead of using
psf file)? I tried version R3_4 with no success.
Any other hints?
[mailto:equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ian Bull
Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2008 4:14 PM
To: Equinox development mailing list
Subject: Re: [equinox-dev] GWT+Equinox
I have this working with GWT 1.5 and Eclipse 3.4, so we know it's
Have you tried adding javax.servlet to the required plug-ins for GWT? I
have a GWT bundle, and I noticed that it depends on javax.servlet. If I
remove this dependency I get the class cast exception.
I also removed all the servlet stuff from Exported Packages list. (See
the Runtime tab in the Manifest editor).
Ricardo Giacomin wrote:
> Hi there,
> I tried to follow the directions from wiki page
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Google_Web_Toolkit_and_Equinox with
> no success. The problem is that no matter what I do I still get the
> ClassCastException when the ServletManager tries to instantiate the
> servlet. It is probably a problem of different servlet API version
> (2.4 in equinox http and 2.3 in gwt).
> I'm using:
> GWT 1.5.2
> Eclipse 3.4
> Jetty Http from
> Any hints?
> Thank you in advance.
> Ricardo Giacomin
> This message has been scanned for viruses and
> dangerous content by *MailScanner* <http://www.mailscanner.info/>, and is
> believed to be clean.
> equinox-dev mailing list
R. Ian Bull
PhD Candidate, University of Victoria
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.
equinox-dev mailing list