Overall looks good. Some questions.
- is this info captured somewhere on the wiki?
- when you say that content will be purged do you mean that the repo will be deleted of that some off the older ius will be deleted? In the past we trashed the whole repo and added the next build. This left the community with no repo while the build was running and then a repo with only one version until the next build.
Are there any land to have the nightly builds in a repo somewhere?
Test updates is the update site on which we have been publishing our builds leading to 3.4. Its content is not stable.
The Ganymede update site contains metadata for all the eclipse projects but because of timing and other details it does not contain all the IUs that describe the Eclipse SDK product. We will try to address that in 3.4.1. The complete metadata for the Eclipse SDK product is available at http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/3.4/content.jar
Going forward (3.5) we will have the following update sites:
- I-build site containing the recent I-builds. There is no guarantee for the content of this site to be preserved for more than a few weeks. It will be purged without notice.
- M/RC-build site. This site will contain all the M builds of the 3.5 dev cycle.
- build site. This site will contain the latest 3.4.x builds. We will guarantee that it will always contain the latest build. It may contain previous builds, but it may be purged without notice. This site could also contain patches to be applied on 3.4.
- I don't think we need a M/RC build since we don't go through this process in the maintenance streams
Release site (this site is already in the list of sites enabled in the SDK)
- This is the site that where we publish the final builds to. Today it contains 3.4, it will contain 3.4.1, 3.4.2, and eventually 3.5.
Does that make sense to everyone?
<graycol.gif>Benjamin CABÃ ---07/08/2008 12:51:06 PM---Hi all, Could anybody please tell me why the official Ganymede repo
Benjamin CABÃ <benjamin.cabe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Equinox development mailing list <equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
07/08/2008 12:51 PM
[equinox-dev] [prov] Differences between the official Ganymede repo & 'testUpdates'
Could anybody please tell me why the official Ganymede repo
(<URL:http://download.eclipse.org/releases/ganymede>) doesn't come with
the same kind of IUs than the ones served by the repository in wiki
pages <URL:http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/testUpdates> .
In particular, I miss the
toolingorg.eclipse.equinox.launcher.[WS].[OS].[ARCH] IUs, that are
fragments of org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.[WS].[OS].[ARCH] IUs, and have
relevant touchpoint data to unzip the launchers into the install folder.
BTW, what is the application used to generate the
<URL:http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/testUpdates> repository (with
these "enhanced" IUs) ?
Can I obtain the same kind of repository whether by transforming a local
Ganymede mirror or an "SDK" install folder? Because if I use an official
Ganymede repo to perform "shared install" provisioning operations, I end
up with an empty install folder :-(
equinox-dev mailing list