[equinox-dev] [prov] Differences between the official Ganymede repo & 'testUpdates'

Hi all,

Could anybody please tell me why the official Ganymede repo (<URL:http://download.eclipse.org/releases/ganymede>) doesn't come with the same kind of IUs than the ones served by the repository in wiki pages <URL:http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/testUpdates> .

In particular, I miss the toolingorg.eclipse.equinox.launcher.[WS].[OS].[ARCH] IUs, that are fragments of org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.[WS].[OS].[ARCH] IUs, and have relevant touchpoint data to unzip the launchers into the install folder.

BTW, what is the application used to generate the <URL:http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/testUpdates> repository (with these "enhanced" IUs) ? Can I obtain the same kind of repository whether by transforming a local Ganymede mirror or an "SDK" install folder? Because if I use an official Ganymede repo to perform "shared install" provisioning operations, I end up with an empty install folder :-(

Thanks!
Benjamin.

Back to the top