Re: [equinox-dev] How to use p2.generator in PDE build

Thanks Andrew,

On Thu, 2008-05-22 at 12:21 -0400, Andrew Niefer wrote:

> Torkild,
> You can see the calls to the director that we use in the headless SDK
> build in
> org.eclipse.releng.eclipsebuilder/equinox/buildConfigs/equinox.prov/run.xml  (run.director).  (This project is in cvs at dev.eclipse.org:/cvsroot/eclipse)
>
> In particular, we pass -nosplash and --launcher.suppressErrors.  The
> suppressError supresses UI error dialogs and instead prints errors to
> stderr.
Yes, I noticed. I was trying to use the ANT task but gave up on that. I
could not see that the task was supporting these options.

> I'm not sure about the security problems, this could be eclipse trying
> to access a secure preference store (?).
Yes, I'm not quite sure why. I ended up deleting the .eclipse folder in
my home folder and that stopped it. I managed to little bit further as
it does not log any errors. In fact it logs nothing. The following
folders are created in the install location.

* org.eclipse.equinox.p2.core
* org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine
* org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director

After this nothing happens. The director never exits and my build is
unable to continue. I tried calling the director from the shell using
the platform IDE just to make sure but got the same result:

turesheim@turesheim:/var/build/avr32studio/build> ../../eclipse/eclipse
-os linux -ws gtk -arch x86 -application
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director.app.application
-data /var/build/avr32studio/build/workspace -consoleLog -flavor tooling
-installIU org.eclipse.platform.ide -p2.os linux -p2.ws gtk -p2.arch x86
-roaming -profile PlatformProfile -profileProperties
org.eclipse.update.install.features=true -metadataRepository
file:/var/build/avr32studio/build/repo -artifactRepository
file:/var/build/avr32studio/build/repo
-destination /var/build/avr32studio/build/install_linux
-bundlepool /var/build/avr32studio/build/install_linux

Both the features and plugins folders in the generated repository folder
seem to contain all features and plug-ins. The artifacts.xml and
content.xml also look OK, and the binary folder contains launchers for
both Windows and Linux which is as expected.

So it seems that my problem is incorrect options to the director. I've
been playing around but I'm still unable to install using my generated
repository.

> -Andrew

Back to the top