Re: [equinox-dev] How to use p2.generator in PDE build

Thanks John and Andrew,

I was able to create metadata that looks sane. There was some issues with a
trailing "\n\" following the license in my feature.properties that ended up
as illegal XML characters in the content.xml though. I was as suggested using
the following properties in the build settings:

 generate.p2.metadata=true
 p2.metadata.repo = file:${buildDirectory}/repo
 p2.artifact.repo = file:${buildDirectory}/repo
 p2.metadata.repo.name = Meta Repo Name
 p2.artifact.repo.name = Artifact Repo Name
 p2.flavor = tooling
 p2.publish.artifacts=true

So now I'm attempting to create an installation using the repository and the
p2 director, I've tried both the ANT task and calls from the command line but
not much happens. Since all my build scripts are designed to run using xvfb
(because of the GUI tests at the end) it took a while before I noticed that
the director actually has a splash screen and shows error messages in a
dialog. What about headless builds? Anyways I finally got it to run and it
creates a p2 folder inside my install location containing:

* org.eclipse.equinox.p2.core
* org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine
* org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director

The process continues to do apparently nothing. The splash screen does not
disappear and the process never exits. I checked the log file from launching
the director and it states:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.net 4 0 2008-05-21 14:57:20.894
!MESSAGE No password provided.
!STACK 0
org.eclipse.equinox.security.storage.StorageException: No password provided.
        at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.security.storage.SecurePreferences.get(SecurePreferences.java:264)
        at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.security.storage.SecurePreferencesWrapper.get(SecurePreferencesWrapper.java:106)
        at
org.eclipse.core.internal.net.ProxyType.loadProxyAuth(ProxyType.java:495)
        at
etc...

So could it be that it fails because I'm behind a password protected proxy? Is
there a way of not connecting to the Internet when resolving bundle
dependencies (which I'm guessing that it's doing)?
--
Torkild Ulvøy Resheim
Senior Design Engineer

Back to the top